The Student News Site of Marin Catholic

Wildcat Watch

Marin Catholic's student-run newspaper

Wildcat Watch

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s “Love Story”

Picture credit: KMBC

Taylor and Travis’ Timeline: Gabby

July 8: Travis Kelce attends the eras tour and sees Taylor at Kansas Cities Arrowhead Stadium

July 26: Travis reveals on his podcast, “New Heights,” that he made Taylor a friendship bracelet with his number on it to give to her at her concert, but was unable to give it to her after the show because she has to save her voice. 

September 17: During the Kansas City Chiefs vs Jacksonville Jaguars game, NFL announcers slipped in Taylor references like “Kelce finds a blank space for the score!” referring to Taylor Swift’s song Blank Space on her album “1989.” 

September 21: Travis tells “The Pat McAfee Show” that he has “put the ball in Taylor’s court” by telling her “I’ve seen you rock the stage in Arrowhead, you might have to come see me rock the stage in Arrowhead,” inviting her to watch him play football.

September 24: Swift was spotted cheering on Travis at his game against the Chicago Bears. She was in Kelce’s suite with his mom and cheering the whole time, and many fans attribute the win to Taylor’s presence being a good luck charm. Later they were seen leaving the stadium together, riding off in his convertible. 

October 1: Taylor showed up to Travis’ game in New York against the New York Jets, cheering Travis on with her famous friends Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds. 

What the Media says about it: Lily

The media has been roaring with the news of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s relationship. Taylor Swift fans joke on Tik Tok as they prank their significant others stating that “Taylor put Travis Kelce on the map,” however there is some truth to this statement. While Kelce was well known for his skills as a tight end on the Kansas City Chiefs and his two superbowl wins, his name has spread to a whole new crowd. Since the relationship between Swift and Kelce was revealed, Travis’s jersey sales have increased by nearly 400% and ticket sales for the Kansas City Chiefs have increased by 175%. The NFL is using the relationship to their advantage as they take as many free moments as possible to pan the camera to Taylor Swift, as well as her guests, cheering Travis on in the Chief’s guest box. The media has been working overtime to catch the couple as they go on drives and buy meals for a whole restaurant in order to have a private date. Although some believe the relationship will not last and it is simply for publicity, many believe just the opposite. But what do the Swifties think? 

What the Swifites believe: Ava

According to social media, and the Swifties of Tik Tok, Travis Kelce is “The One” for Taylor Swift. Countless lyrical connections, along with lucky numbers all add up to Taylor and Travis being “Endgame.”

To start off, in Taylor’s debut album, in “Mary’s Song”, her closing lyrics are “I’ll be 87, you’ll be 89. I’d still look at you like that stars that shine in the sky, oh my my my”. And what do you know… Travis Kelce’s jersey number is 87! Also, Travis’ football number and Taylor’s lucky number 13 add up to 100, meaning they have to be perfect for each other. Why else is Taylor’s lucky number 13 important? Because Travis Kelce is Taylor’s 13th boyfriend, which according to Swifties, means he will be the one that works out. 

Additionally, lyrics in her song “Are You Ready for It” from her album, Reputation, say “knew he was a killer the first time that I saw him”, and what is Travis’ instagram username? Killatrav! Although there are many other little connections made between Taylor Swift’s lyrics and her new relationship with Travis Kelce, one last one from her Lover album in the song “Daylight”, are her lyrics… “I once believed love would be burning red, but it’s golden”, which directly refers to the Chiefs team colors. Similarly in “Gold Rush” from the album Evermore, Taylor mentions her “Eagles t-shirt hanging from the door”, when coincidentally, Travis’ brother, Jason Kelce, plays center on the Eagles. Overall, this match and all these “Invisible Strings” have clearly done a great job tying this perfect pair together.